Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Choosing a web hosting company.

I am maintaining three blogs; two are hosted under Blogger and with Blogspot sub-domain and the other one is hosted under a web-hosting company. Well, if you want to take blogging seriously then this is the route to take: getting your own domain and getting the services of a webhost. And this is what I did for one of my blogs.

However, the decision was not easy. Understandably, I don’t want to make mistakes and regret my decision mainly because I needed to shell out my hard-earned money for the web hosting service. So what I did is I searched the web for all articles related to web hosting. I compared different webhosts to make sure that I will get the best deal.

But how do you choose a good web host? What are the things that you need to know before you sign up for a web hosting service?

I found the answers to these questions on an article in Article City. This article is a must-read if you are planning to buy your own domain and get a web host. It listed a couple of questions that you need to ask the webhost before acquiring their services.

One of the things that you need to know is the track record of the web-hosting company. You have to know how long the company is in business as well as their other clients. You also need to know their downtime-to-uptime ratio and the data transfer limits.

If you can not find the answers to these questions from the web-hosting company’s website, you should try calling their number. This is another thing that you should consider when getting a web hosting company, they should have a good technical support.


No comments: