Thursday, November 27, 2008

Vilma Santos signs movie contract with Star Cinema

Batangas Governor and Star For All Seasons Vilma Santos signed a movie contract again with Star Cinema, ABS-CBN’s film outfit Wednesday afternoon, November 26.
Santos said that she’s excited to shoot a movie anew after taking a breather for almost five years. Her last movie project with Star Cinema was “Dekada ‘70” in 2002.
“At least na makakagawa na ako ng pelikula ngayon, tuloy tuloy na dapat last year pa ito kaya lang hindi nga natuloy dahil kailangang asikasuhin ko muna ang Batangas but ngayon may permiso na ng constituents ko so ito na ang signing of contract and we will be starting at least two days within the year then resume kami next week,” Santos said.

Present during the signing of contract were ABS-CBN’s CEO Eugenio Lopez III and President Charo Santos-Concio.

The film with a working title “A Mother’s Story” will be directed by Ms. Olivia Lamasan. The two women’s last project together was a special episode for “Maalaala Mo Kaya” in 2006.

Aside from working again with well-acclaimed director, Santos will be working for the first time with country’s most-sought actor John Lloyd Cruz and her true to life son Luis “Lucky” Manzano.

Santos said that the movie is a story of a mother who works as a librarian. She will eventually find out about her son’s (Luis Manzano) affair with another guy (John Lloyd). Soon she will be facing a lot of problems after a tragedy happened.
To make the project more beautiful, most parts of the movie will be shot in New York and will be shown in the latter part of 2009.

Aside from ‘A Mother’s Story,’ Santos might be doing another project with Megastar Sharon Cuneta.

Santos said that she’s happy that ABS-CBN has given her so many good projects like films – “Bata Bata” and “Anak.”


No comments: